Leicester v Millwall
By BBC Sport
Updated Friday, 21st January 2011
Leicester City expect to have striker Darius Vassell fit again following a hamstring strain.But fellow forward Paul Gallagher is still a doubt with a knee injury.
The Lions are without Dan Shittu, while Paul Robinson (hamstring), Tony Craig (back) and Darren Ward (ankle) are all out of action.
Leicester, rejuvenated since the appointment of Sven-Goran Eriksson as manager, are unbeaten in the league in 2011 and their owners are seemingly keen to spend big before the transfer window closes.
But Millwall, with a far more modest budget, boast the Championship's best current run and are only three places away from the play-off spots. The Lions are unbeaten in nine league matches and have won three of their last four.
The Foxes are in the bottom half of the table only on goal difference, which bodes well for a Millwall side that has yet to beat a top-half team away from home. In fact, 30 of their 39 points this season have come against clubs in the bottom half.
What does not bode so well for Millwall is Leicester's home form. City, who have had more attempts on goal this term than any other team in the division, are unbeaten in nine matches at the Walkers Stadium and are yet to lose there under Eriksson.
• Millwall's win against Leicester last month means a victory on Saturday would complete the club's first league double over the Foxes for 20 years.
Have your say on this match
• In each of the last four matches between these clubs, the winning side has kept a clean sheet.
• A defeat for Leicester would leave them with 12 losses this season - as many as they suffered throughout the whole of last term.
• City have conceded 23 league goals before half-time - more than any other team in the division.
• Lloyd Dyer is set to make his 100th league appearance for Leicester.
• Millwall have drawn their last four away league games.
• They have the best first-half record in the Championship, having led at the interval in 11 of their matches.
• Lions stalwart Neil Harris could make the 150th appearance of his second spell at the club.
Source: BBC Sport
|21 Jan 2011|
|Foxes firepower boosted|
|20 Jan 2011|
|Berner signs new Leicester deal|
|18 Jan 2011|
|Team lineups: Manchester City v Leicester City 18 Jan 2011|
|15 Jan 2011|
|Team lineups: Preston North End v Leicester City 15 Jan 2011|
|14 Jan 2011|
|Yakubu set for Foxes bow|
|Addicks hand reins to Powell|
|Preston v Leicester|